The Benefits of Ginger Root
The benefits of Ginger Root are plentiful and PHENOMENAL! Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale), is commonly used as a spice or a folk medicine. This root (rhizome to be exact) grows in many different places. Ginger Root is a tropical perennial that grows approximately two feet tall with lance-shaped leaves and white or yellow flowers. It is used either fresh or dried in about 2/3 of all traditional Chinese and Japanese herbal formulas. Ginger Root is VERY simple to use. Ginger root is delicious to cook with and is also extremely healthy for you. You can make a SUPER healthy dish or just use the root alone, either way, you’ll reap the benefits of ginger root!
Ways to Use:
- To make Ginger Root tea, simmer 3/4 teaspoons of chopped ginger in 1 cup of boiling hot water for 5 minutes in a closed teapot.
- Ginger Root capsules can help with nausea, morning sickness, or motion sickness.
- A couple tablespoons of dried Ginger Root in hot bath water can relieve muscle aches and potentially lower fever.
- You can add Ginger Root to your favorite food dish as a tasty spice. (I personally like to use it in South Asian recipes) YUM!!!
- Benefits of Ginger Root:
- Can potentially lower cholesterol.
- EXCELLENT for morning sickness and motion sickness.
- Eliminates dandruff… awesome.
- Studies have shown Ginger Root can lower your cancer risk and lower blood pressure.. AMAZING!
- Helps with muscle aches
- Increases circulatory activity
Ginger Root is relatively safe. ALWAYS consult with your physician or midwife before using Ginger Root during pregnancy.. Be smart!